I know I just posted not too long ago and you are all probably sick of my rambling but I have to tell you about the last couple of days. Mostly today because it was hilarious.
It has been a crazy hectic couple of days! We went to Baudette for the weekend to visit grandma Shelley, grandpa Big Hair, auntie Jenny, uncle Tony, Zackary and baby Carston. We got back late Sunday afternoon so I started laundry, ate, and got the kids to bed. At this point we realized the kiddos don't have school tomorrow. Seriously we have no idea what we are doing, Ajura almost didn't have a valentine's box either this year. Anyway, so we called my lovely parents and they were ecstatic about having the boys on Monday. After some more talking we also realized that I was on call that day and Karl had curling, therefore, unless Ajura all of a sudden is old enough to babysit if I get called in (which I did) we would be SOL. So another call to the parents and sleep over it is! So being the prepared parent I am the boys were all packed and Karl got them to my parents Monday morning. Taa daa.
Well before curling as Karl is eating pork chops and I picked up Taco Bell on the way home (we need a frat mom or something to do this grocery thing) we realize Ajura needs his library books for school tomorrow and oh by the way Karl leaves for Gwinner for work in the morning. So another call to the parents to beg for dad to bring Ajura to school in the morning and we also realize that our usual Tuesday Ahmi watcher is still out of town so mom can you please watch him all day. Lucky us the grandparents have it under control.
This morning we both get up too early and head to work. Karl gets to Gwinner safely and after work I manage to get groceries and pick up both the boys. So excited to see their sweet faces! We get home and they help me unload the car (no small task), have a snack, work on reading with Ajura, and then I let the boys play Just Dance while I finish stocking the cupboards. I also have to break the news to them that ah-po-dee the fish died on our watch. I decide to work out (which I haven't done much of lately) and the kids watch me the whole time, laughing. I feel awesome. I especially have to start working out after this weekend while at the pool and stripping down to my bathing suit and Ahmi goes, "wow, big mommy coming." After my work out I start to cook dinner. I am making these yummy Brie, apple, and ham paninis. After buttering 4 slices of bread, Ajura walks over and says, "mommy, Ahmi caca on the floor." If that doesn't startle you I don't know what would. So I hurry to the bathroom raying it is at least on the tile, phew, it is and here is my Ahmi pants around his ankles with caca all over them trying to clean up the floor with toilet paper. I tell him it's ok and work on getting his pants off and getting him into the shower. Ahmi is yelling, "look Ajura! Ahmi shower first!" Of course you are showering first, you have caca all over your butt! I get him and the bathroom cleaned up and his clothes in the wash and send Ajura up to shower. I get downstairs and restart dinner and reach for the buttered bread and there is nothing to be found and I have two dogs staring at me suspiciously. Sure enough, the dogs ate my bread I had labored over. I'm not gonna lie, I am glad Ahmi had his Just Dance music up loud because some nasty words came out. I settle, re-butter the bread, reach for the ham and what do you know...GONE! I'm gonna kill those dogs. So Ajura got a Brie and apple panini, Ahmi got saltine crackers (perhaps it was the double dose of Mexican food the grandparents went with yesterday) and a pepto. Now Ajura is worried Ahmi is going to die like ah-po-dee. Explained that situation. Off to bed they went.
This day would have been a disaster had the boys not been so stinking wonderful. Ajura helped me
clean up the bathroom and bathed himself. He is such as amazing kid. He also picked out of train movie from the bookmobile today just for Ahmi and when Ahmi saw that his eyes lit up and he said, "oh thank you Ajura!" and hugged and kissed him. Ahmi tried so hard and was so embarrassed about his mess but we got through it.
I just heard the door so thank God Karl is home!! He can deal with the dog blow outs...
No comments:
Post a Comment