Well it's a good thing we all know how to swim. As many of you know the Missouri River is raging a war against us, and unfortunately it is winning. Our house is safely out of harms way, but my parent's house is going to need some prayers. Thanks to the most wonderful friends and family their house still has a fighting chance. A week before last Thursday it was reported how bad things were going to get and my Dad had been trying so hard to save Misty Waters for the season and then realized that his own house was in jeopardy. That night we started building a berm and sand bagging. Previous to that time we had been helping a friend's parents to sand bag their house. I was also able to help a co-worker move his things out of his house. I am so glad I did those favors because we had to call in all those favors plus when working on my parents house. We had to rebuild their berm on Thursday just in time because this morning Karl and my Dad went out to my parent's house and water is in their yard and 8 inches up their berm in the backyard. It really is a sad sight. The good to come out of it is all the acts of kindness from friends and family. Shout outs to: Todd Ternes (love him like a brother), Lori, Randy, Jace, Seth, Randi Jo, Mitch, and Tanner Lura (who all drove two hours one way to help us), Brock Frederickson (who is married to my cousin Kassie), Mark VanRay (both him and Brock are barely related to us and they drove hours to help), Karen and Lenny (again drove miles!), Kelli, Chris, and Ella Gabel, Carol and Greg O'Shea, Sharon and Dwayne Ternes, Katie and Casey Rogstad (Casey had barely landed back from being gone for a week and didn't even go home before coming to help!), Jeff and Bri MacQueen, and many many more, some even strangers. Also those who didn't help us directly but my cousins who organized a wrestling group to come up to Bismarck for the day to fill sand bags, I am so proud of you and so thankful. Words are just never enough but I hope you all know we could not have done this physically or emotionally without your help and support. I just hope you all know that we would return the favor in an instant and will always be here for you.
On to happier subjects our homestudy is done, I know I said it was done last time, but last time our portion was complete and now the WHOLE thing is complete. It was very interesting to read what another person who barely knows you perceives your family. Thank you to our references who said such kind things about Karl and myself. We will pay you later :)
If you have time, please say a quick prayer for all of those affected by flooding in the state this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment