I know everyone will be shocked that I posted again so soon but another hurdle was tackled. We just sent in ALL of our homestudy material, yes ALL of it! As long as we didn't forget anything or screw anything up that means we are DONE with the homestudy! Yippee! Not that we didn't enjoy spending time with our fabulous social worker, Lindsey, but it just means we are even closer to getting on that waiting list! We are also done with the I-600A form and will be mailing that tomorrow! Those of you not down with the adoption lingo it is just a form that needs to be sent to the Department of Homeland Security. The more official name is the application for advance processing of orphan petition.
In addition to the hopeful things in my life, my uncle Pud is doing really well! I am so proud of him because his life has had to change dramatically in the course of one week and he is taking the bull by the horns and working to make his life healthier! I know there is going to be many ups and downs but he and we can do it! I even saw him reading the nutrition labels off a box of oatmeal (that for the record had a huge red heart on the front of it that read "Heart Healthy") and he told me "I can't eat that stuff, did you know it has 11% sodium!" False advertising if I ever saw it!
Yesterday we also had Pastor Renee to our home to visit about the adoption. I really can't say enough about what a amazing woman she is and how she has helped guide us back to our faith. She wrote me an email the other day that read, "I am so happy to be able to support you both through this journey, and I am excited for Heart River (our church) as well!" What a wonderful faith community to belong to!
Well I just read the post again and I seem way more giddy than I ever realized, perhaps it is because I just got done working out and my blood flow to my brain hasn't returned, but that is okay, it is a good feeling to just relax and be happy in this moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment