Karl and I were able to meet Lindsey, our homestudy social worker, for the first time on Thursday! We drove to Jamestown to meet with her. It was a bit scary because you really want this person to like you and think you will be good parents. Lindsey was very supportive and professional. Another small world story though! We were talking about where Karl grew up and he mentioned that his parents used to own the Wigwam resort in Baudette and Lindsey stated she had been there before! This made us excited and then she said, "The last time I was there a wedding party was taking pictures on the boat dock and the entire wedding party fell into the lake!" Before she had finished the sentence, Karl and I looked at each other in amazement and I shouted (literally, in a coffee shop, it was embarrassing!) "That was Jenny's wedding!" (for those of you who don't know Jenny is Karl's sister). What a tiny little world we live in! We all had a good laugh about that one.
Also exciting was last weekend we were out eating with my family and my good friend's sister (who adopted two children from Ethiopia 8 months ago and has been my mentor through the paperwork process) and her family came in to eat. Karl and I hadn't met their Ethiopian boys yet and was able to spend a bit of time talking with them. What an inspiration seeing how well they are doing and how bonded they are to their parents. Such cute boys!
So what's next you ask. . . well still compiling paperwork and then off to get everything notarized and certified. We have to wait until the homestudy is completed and filed before we can turn in our dossier so our first priority right now is finishing up the homestudy documents and doing our adoptive parent training requirements. I have found that some organizations are kinda stinkers about helping us with paperwork!
No comments:
Post a Comment