Monday, November 26, 2012

This foot she's tired

It has been a long time since I last posted. Life just kinda gets away from you. Shocking right? It has been an extremely busy last month. Our calender is enough to make you want to turn right back around and pull the covers over your head. We trudge ahead with smiles on our faces.

Halloween went well. Ajura decided he wanted to be a fireman and I decided that Ahmi wanted to be Mr. T. I am completely taking advantage of the fact that at this point Ahmi still lets me dress him. We went to my friend Kelli's house and went house to house with her daughter Ella. They both did amazingly well in the frigid cold. Ahmi was kinda that awkward kid that stood in the doorway and stared at the people like "So...are you going to invite me in?" It was pretty cute. The boys English is amazing and although sad they don't speak to each other in Amharic at all anymore. I can easily talk with the boys and they are starting to be able to tell me about Ethiopia. It is so fun to be able to communicate. Especially when Ajura tries to explain things like, "Mommy, this foot (pointing at his right foot) she's tired."

Just when you think the process is over you get to start all new paperwork. YIPPEE! Not really. Just something you need to do. We started the readoption process at the beginning of November and we also have had our first post adoption report. Our social worker came over to our house while I was in Haiti. Karl said, "Good thing she was really only looking to be sure the kids had been fed and they have a room to sleep in!" He was on day 6 of single parenthood. I was so proud of him!!! The boys actually did really well with my trip. We talked about Mommy going to Haiti everyday up to the day I left and then Karl showed the boys on the calendar when I was coming home and they would cross a day off everyday. I was able to email them and FaceTime. Karl's parents came to help Karl out and the boys were able to spend quality time with Grandma and Grandpa Spears. It was a difficult decision to make but I want to teach the boys we need to continue to help others. Karl and I were also both very comfortable with how the boys were doing at home. Again, we are so lucky. We had a big snowstorm when I left and the boys were really excited yelling, "The snow she's coming!" Everything is a she. Speaking of funny things, Ahmi calls his backpack a "pappyock."

Thanksgiving was so fun! My dad scheduled a hayride, the best part of the hayride were the two ponies that came with it. Ajura and Ahmi both rode a horse/pony for the first time. Ahmi just said, "scary!" the whole time but Ajura said, "Mommy, no scary." I asked him if he wanted to ride a pony to school and right away he said, "yes... well maybe not." He told me later riding the pony wasn't scary but, "Ajura has to look for animals." He was so darn cute on that horse. At the end he said, "Ajura she's tired." Such a great idea for the kids, they all loved it! On Thanksgiving day it was very cold but we needed to get our family photos taken for our post adoption report and my cousin (who is a talented photographer) was able to take our photos. Check out my facebook for the link. We got all those pictures in less than 15 minutes!!! The boys did such a great job cooperating, even though we were all so cold. I like the last  photo where they are sitting on the deck and Ahmi has his hand in Ajura's pocket because his hand is so cold. Great time with family and friends that day. The kids played really well with my cousins' kids. I am amazed by these kids every single day.

Next Monday Ahmi is going to start preschool. It is pretty funny currently because when we tell Ahmi he is too little to do something we often say the reasoning is because he is too "teenish" (little). Well now since he gets to go to school he thinks he is big. He is pretty proud. This kid LOVES to play Just Dance on the Wii. He is a dancing machine. He takes after his mommy. ;)

Ajura is doing very well in school and on his third week of soccer he finally decided to participate. Ahmi (although he isn't signed up) has been participating in his place and now that he has everyone wrapped around his finger they are continuing to let him participate. Goober. Ajura is opening up more and more everyday. He cleaned the ENTIRE basement by himself yesterday. Seriously it was better than Karl does (sorry honey). He is such a sweet boy who works so hard.

Wow, now on to Christmas... This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment