Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby steps and a LEAP

We sent our referral packet back in record time.  I think we received the packet on Friday the 20th and had it mailed by Monday the 23rd. I was so excited to see on our agency's website that under AO and OO names it says "adoption pending." Strange how that makes things so "official." Also we received new pictures on Friday so we are thrilled. Sorry I can't post pictures yet. We received even more good news on Friday. Our dossier was submitted for court, which means the next step is getting a court date and our coordinator is estimating that it could take as few as 7-10 days. We are praying we get a date before court closes for a holiday (February 6th-26th). So if all goes as planned we should be traveling in March!!!! CRAZY!! Another wonderful piece of information is that our friends, the Gilliss's dossier was also submitted for court on Friday as well so hopefully we may be traveling with them! They have been helping us through this adoption maze from the beginning and that would be so wonderful to have them with us. Last big news: we bought a car seat today.  Ridiculous you may think (first because we bought it already and secondly because this is big news for us). This is the first big purchase we have made for the kids and this is the car seat that my buddy Kelli says we need to get (her husband is a fireman and safety freak and did a bunch of research), plus it was on sale.  So we now have a car seat sitting in our living room.

Okay, now many of you are going to think I am crazy but just hear me out.  I am kinda having a bummer day today (even though we bought this awesome car seat).  I was given the opportunity to go to Haiti in July and had already accepted and was looking forward to the trip immensely. It was with an orthopedic group that was from all over the U.S.  I was really excited for this trip because it would be great to network with other groups.  Needless to say because the boys should be home before the trip I am no longer going.  My family obviously comes first but it was really hard to send that email today because I love spending my time in Haiti as well. I know, welcome to parenthood, first lesson: sacrifice. As Karl said, "I know you want to go right now and think you can do everything but you will not want to go when the boys get here." He is right, of course. I will still have the same opportunity to go in November if the boys are adjusting well.  I have no idea how much my life is going to change with these two beautiful boys but I can't wait.  I just want them to know they have two people who think about them constantly and look at their pictures constantly through the day and every night before bed.  Our world is already revolving around them.

1 comment: