Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our Dossier Travels Overseas

Well, we have been on the waiting list now for 4 weeks (not like we are counting or anything, ha!). Thankfully it is going much faster than I expected however we are still trying to find things to entertain us in the meantime. Karl had to intervene and tell me to step away from the "cliff" because I was convinced we needed to buy the Kelty child carrier which was on sale. His brilliant comment was, "Um don't you think we should maybe wait to see how old the children are before we make such a purchase, it will look pretty silly if you are carrying around a six year old in a backpack carrier." Touche Karlos. So needless to say we are without a carrier. I am wanting to "nest" and it is really hard just waiting. I think the next thing I will start to do is make a picture book of our family to send to the children once we accept the referral.

Anyway, we had good and bad news this week with the adoption. Good news is our dossier passed its examination in Washington, D.C. and now it is on its way to Ethiopia. It should arrive there sometime this week. The sad news is our adoption coordinator for IAN has decided to put more time into her new teaching job so she has put our case to a new coordinator. This new coordinator has had extensive experience in adoptions and we are not in the least worried about her capabilities but it is hard for us to have built a relationship with LeeAnn and now have to transfer the relationship to Aneeta. I am sure it will all proceed smoothly. We will miss LeeAnn, but look forward to our new journey with Aneeta.

Again thank you all for your support throughout our adoption process (and life in general)! Till next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment