Monday, August 15, 2011
Biometrics. . . check!
So today was a good day! We left for Fargo yesterday and got to spend time with my cousin Tanie and her husband Brad. It was so much fun! Had a wonderful dinner at Doolittle's and then relaxed around a bonfire until almost midnight. Then we were up early to be at the federal building in Fargo to have our biometrics done. So to clarify things, remember last post when I was whining about waiting for our appointment? Well I had been calling (practically stalking) our case manager for the United States Immigration Services (USCIS) because I was worried they hadn't received our homestudy I sent ages (like middle of JUNE) ago. Well she finally called me back to say she had just scheduled our biometrics appointment and we had to be in Fargo on August 15th at 8:00 am for me and 9:00 am for Karl. I was so excited to get that phone call! That was more emotional for me than turning in our dossier (which by the way got the seal of approval from our agency!)! So we went to Fargo and we were waiting outside the office this morning even before they were open. I went first and they just let Karl go right away since another lady showed up. Since they were able to process us together the entire process took 12 minutes. OK, I am going to sound kinda grumpy here, but I am not because I am so happy were are done with biometrics, but really we had to drive to Fargo to be fingerprinted (again!) for something that took 12 minutes. Plus we have been waiting since mid June to get an appointment for something that literally took 12 minutes. Phew, I am done and over it (sorry about the complaining!). Also the women who work at the USCIS in Fargo were so pleasant that it was a blissful 12 minutes. So the next step is we wait for the approval letter from USCIS (it comes from our caseworker in Texas) and as soon as we get it, we copy it (people going through the adoption process should laugh at that), and then we mail it because as soon as it reaches IAN in Colorado we are on the waiting list!!!!!!! That is a big deal!!!! Until then . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment